Teacher Training 2023
September 9,10,23,24th & Sept 30th
Expand your Personal Practice/ Beginners Teacher Certification
FOUNDATIONS AND FLOW TEACHER TRAINING 2023
50-hour Teacher Training Course
Sept 9/10 Sept 23/24 Sept 30th 8:30am-6:30pm
In this Foundations and Flow based Training we explore the fundamental elements of asana (postures), pranayama (breathing), Drishti (gaze) and meditation. Sound Healing Crystal bowl/Chimes introduction to Sound Therapy
After completion of this comprehensive training students/teachers will have a better understanding of Yoga on a much deeper level. Some students are interested in just furthering their practice others are interested in teaching.
My goal as your primary teacher is to move each student past their self imposed limitations and create an environment where holistic healing and connections can and will occur. I began my yoga journey with a Teacher Training simply to learn more, to help feel more confidant in my own practice. I did not think I was going to teach and surely had no intention to open a Yoga Studio! Thirty Years later, here I am as passionate about learning and sharing that which I have learned. I respect and practice all 8 Limbs of Yoga. It is a way of life for me. My goal is to help each student find that spark that has endless possibilities. Safely.
Just like Hanuman… Take a leap of faith!
After completion students will graduate with a 50hour CYT (Certified Yoga Teacher) and will be awarded a Certificate
Karrie AuBuchon is certified at the highest level offered 500 E-RYT.
Topics that will be covered in next Yoga Bala 50 hour training.
• Lifestyle & Ethics: First and for-most how we live our larger lives off the mat, including personal yoga practice, nutrition, sleep, relations with family and friends, and being in community are essential aspects of deepening our yoga and sharing it with honesty and integrity.
• Asana Technique & Teaching Methods: The most extensive part of the course, here you will learn in detail the fundamental yoga poses, including alignment principles, energetic actions, risks, benefits, preparatory asanas, counterpoise’s, variations, modifications, hands-on adjustments, and use of props for each one. This part of the course covers the major families of asanas: Sun Salutations, Standing Poses, Backbends, Forward Bends, Twists, Arm Balances, Inversions, Core Refinement, and Hip Openers.
• Practical Yoga History & Philosophy: An overview of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (not just the Eight Limbs but Patanjali’s philosophy of spiritual psychology)
• Practical Yoga Anatomy: A hands-on introduction to functional anatomy, and the kinesiology of movement as applied to seeing students in the practice and guiding them in a meaningful, safe, and effective way.
• Planning & Sequencing Classes: The art and science of sequencing and crafting an entire class, including for different levels of students, different intentions, seasons, styles and other considerations. Here we also cover pacing, duration, tempo, and vibe for different levels and intentions of classes.
• Pranayama: Introduction to pranayama techniques, including how, when, and whom to teach basic yoga breathing (ujayi pranayama) and more intermediate pranayama techniques (including kapalabhati, bastrika, sitali, viloma, kumbhaka, and nadi shodhana).
• Meditation Practices: In demystifying meditation, we explore how to bring meditation into yoga classes and everyday life in way that is simple, accessible, and sustainable. We explore several meditation techniques.
• The Art of Awareness: An integral part of the course, here we learn to systematically observe, appreciate, and understand what is happening with different students (physically and energetically) thereby developing the necessary skills for working individually with your students and giving appropriate verbal cues, hands-on adjustments, and use of props.
• Demonstrating & Cuing: Here we focus on when, where, and how to most effectively demonstrate yoga poses while giving the clearest, most understandable verbal and hands-on guidance to students. Qualities of voice, including language, tone, and audibility, are given close attention.
• Class Observation: By observing experienced teachers in the act of leading live classes, you will further refine your insights into what different students are likely experiencing in their yoga practices, thereby expanding your own skills in leading classes.
$575. 00 +Unlimited Monthly membership included in this price. Must be paid in full by September 5th (Payment plan can be worked out at a slightly higher rate). Minimum 8 students to hold training maximum 18 students for quality care. Students joining training to receive a certificate may not miss any days. Students joining training for personal knowledge and growth / not interested in teaching may miss but will not be awarded a certificate. but still ....GOOD FOR YOU!
Yoga Bala is always open to hiring great teachers too!! Feel free to call at 386-882-5080 or email at email@example.com